Our community extends way beyond our Sunday morning gathering. We open our doors to many groups during the week to support the movement of Spirit in and through our wider community. Some groups meet here weekly, monthly or just once a year. Our Unity community provides meeting space for Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Refuge Recovery, Power Club, A Course in Miracles, Mind Shifters and more. We gratefully open our doors knowing that as we give with open minds and hearts so shall we receive the abundant love that is God right in that same moment!
We believe that all people are created with sacred worth. Our ministries and outreaches are inclusive and open-minded, free from discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical disability and sexual orientation. We recognize and honor the Divine within as the one common denominator that we share on our human journey.
In September we honor the following holy days and festivals:
Eid al Adha, Muslim and Druze
Nativity of Mary and St. Michael Day, Christian
Ethiopian New Year
United Nations International Day of Peace
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, Jewish
Membership in Unity of Wilmington
Becoming a Member of Unity of Wilmington indicates a definite, considered choice to be an integral part of this Unity spiritual community. It represents a commitment to the manifestation of Unity principles in one’s life, and a commitment to share in the joys and responsibilities of co-creating and maintaining this on-going Unity ministry.
We offer a two-session Membership Class twice a year so that you can explore what it means to step into membership, discuss the Vision and Mission, review church governance, and join together in a sacred circle of sharing what membership in this ministry means to you. Attendance at both session are required. New Member Induction occurs the following Sunday during service.
Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- An assurance of having a spiritual community that is strong and effective in supporting you in your spiritual growth.
- An abundance of love, empowerment, fulfillment, true friendship, education, and spiritual support.
- A depth of spiritual understanding which comes to those who commit to this level of expanding consciousness.
- An experience of “relationships that work” as you practice applying spiritual principles with everyone here.
- The realization that participation in raising collective consciousness co-creates transformation in the lives of others.
- A deeper experience of the value of your unique contribution.
- Practice in knowing how to listen to the voice of Spirit.
- An experience of the abundance in you as you approach life as both a giver and a receiver.
Next Opportunity to Join:
Classes October 8 and 15, 12:30 – 2:00 pm
Induction October 22, 9:00 and 11:00 am