Two directors for three-year terms each will be voted in at our Annual Meeting on February 28, 2021. Additionally, one more director will be elected to a serve one-year term, completing the position vacated by Janette Wellman.
A primary responsibility of our Board of Directors is to participate in the development of policy and major decision-making at monthly board meetings. The average monthly commitment is 10-12 hours of sacred service. A weekend Board Orientation meeting will be held sometime in the Spring at a mutually agreeable time to the 2021-2022 Board.
To be eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors, a person must be an active member of Unity of Wilmington and shall be a person who:
- Desires to serve on the Board;Endeavors to live in accord with the Jesus Christ principles of Love and Truth as taught by Unity;
- Furthers the work of this Ministry through his/her active interest, love and support, and tithes.
- Is a sincere and continuing student of Unity, conversant with its teachings;
- Has demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Has been a member of the Church for at least one year;
- Is not a paid member of the administrative staff of the Church or the spouse, significant other, child or sibling of such an individual shall serve on the Board of Directors. Further, no Board member shall be the spouse, significant other, parent, child or sibling of another Board member.
For a job description for a Board Member, /sites/unitywil.com/files/Board%20Job%20Description.pdf.
To request an application to submit to the Nominating Committee, click here.